The word on the street is that Midol can help you pass a urine drug test for weed(THC) and other drugs. This theory might be true on paper but won’t work in real life. Sources that propagate this claim base their arguments on the caffeine content in Midol, which makes it a diuretic.
This means that if this method works, then you are simply diluting the urine, nothing much. Dilution is a method you can carry out using pure water - a safer method considering Midol's side effects.
All in all, in this article, I’ll show you the proposed way of using Midol to pass a drug test. I’ll also explain how and why it might work and why it might not.
What is Midol
Most ladies who experience pain during their least favorite time of the month probably know what this is. Midol refers to an over-the-counter drug used to minimize the pains caused by menstrual cramping and other pre-menstruation and menstruation effects. Bayer distributes it.
As you can probably imagine, Midol is mostly marketed towards women. However, it can also be taken by men.
Midol’s one saving grace is that it can be easily obtained from almost any drug store, even without a prescription.
Need A Reliable and Legal Way To Pass Your Drug Test?
Green Fleets has you covered. Following solutions are equally effective. Each is targeted at a different time frame.
This kit starts working immediately. It will make you pee clean for 5 hours, so you'll be able to pass a drug test.
To understand how Midol is thought to work, you must have a glimpse of its ingredients. Midol is available in 6 different formulations; Midol Complete, Midol Extended Relief, Midol Teen formulation, Midol Liquid Gels, and Midol PM Formulation.
Midol Complete is the preferred option in this method. This drug is made up of;
- Caffeine 60mg
- Acetaminophen 500 mg (pain reliever)
- Pyrilamine maleate 15mg (antihistamine)
How to Use Midol to Beat a Urine Test
What You Need
- A packet of Midol Complete- You could get it from most online stores, including Amazon and Walmart, or the pharmacy near you. You’ll need to take 6-8 tablets per day for at least two days. So, a packet of at least 16 tablets might be enough.
- A lot of water (both regular and sparkling will do)
- B complex multivitamin
- Aspirin (optional)
- Time - according to the internet’s proposed method below, you’ll need at least 48 hours to beat a urine test with this method. The more time you have before the test, the higher the odds of skirting the results.
How to Do It
- Abstain from drugs - Midol is said to help flush out the drug metabolites in your system. That being said, the first thing that you want to do is to stop adding more drugs into your body, at least until you are through with the test.
- Take a lot of water- as soon as you are informed of the test ahead, you need to start drinking water as you have never done it before. The essence of this is to trigger your kidneys to filter out more water and drug metabolites through urine.
- Ingest 1 tablet of Midol Complete every 3 hours 6 to 8 times spread evenly across the day
- Take aspirin 4-6 hours to the test- most sources don’t include this step. However, sources that want to make the Midol method look truer recommend you to take aspirin to boost your odds of passing the test. As I have explained in another article about using aspirin to pass a urine test, there is scientific evidence that aspirin helps mask the drug metabolites in urine.
- Swallow 100mg of B complex multivitamin 2-3 hours before the test-taking. Too much water in the hours leading to a drug test makes your urine appear so clear. This is the first telltale of attempted urine adulteration and might make the lab technician keener on your urine specimen. Taking vitamin B or B12 gives your urine its natural yellowish color.
- Pee a lot- of course, the biggest mistake that you could make when collecting a urine sample is to offer the first catch of the day. The first urine of the day is said to have high concentrations of drug metabolites and might mess you up. Therefore, it’s recommendable to pass urine at least 2 times before heading to the collection point.
Why it is thought to work vs. Scientific Evidence
The online community has several explanations as to how Midol helps in beating a drug test. One of the theories claims that when ingested, the Acetaminophen and Pyrilamine maleate contents of the drug are filtered by kidneys into the urine.
These 2 components are said to boost the removal of drug metabolites from the system. They are also thought to interact with the drug tests (equipment) to create a false negative.
Is this true?
Well, it’s true that a portion of these 2 components is excreted from the body through urine. A study published in the National Institutes of Health journal wanted to examine the metabolism and elimination of Pyrilamine maleate in rats.
In this experiment, the researchers administered 7mg and 0.7mg of Pyrilamine maleate plus to 2 groups of adult male Fischer rats.
After 24 hours, it was found out that approximately 29% and 38% of this substance was excreted through urine in the high and low dose groups, respectively.
In yet another study recorded in the same journal, it is evident that the kidney is the major disposition site for Acetaminophen. This research literature states that Acetaminophen is excreted either directly or after a series of biotransformation.
Unfortunately, even with so much evidence supporting the availability of pyrilamine maleate and Acetaminophen in urine, there isn’t even a single proof that these 2 aids in removing THC metabolites from the body.
There is also no scientific evidence that these components would interact with the lab tests to create a false negative.
Why it might work
Although there isn’t concrete scientific proof to support the ability of Midol to remove THC from the body, I wouldn’t regard this method as a pipe dream just yet.
The caffeine content in a single tablet of this drug makes it a potent diuretic with a much higher effect than what a cup of tea or coffee would offer.
A diuretic is any substance that, when ingested, makes you pee a lot. Consuming a diuretic followed by a lot of water increases the urge to take a pee.
Consequently, the concentration of THC metabolites in the urine is cut to below the threshold of detection. And this is what makes you pass the test.
Why it might not work
As you can see, there are many uncertainties when it comes to using Midol to beat a urine test. First, it’s not yet clear whether the pyrilamine maleate and Acetaminophen help eliminate THC metabolites in the body.
Second, do know that the effectiveness of most methods that are used to cheat tests depends on a few factors, including how soon you’ve interacted with the drugs.
Your kidneys’ ability and speed to excrete the metabolites, among other varying individual characteristics, also matter greatly.
Taking too much Midol… not wise at all
Midol can be acquired over the counter without a physician's prescription, which means that it is safe. However, WebMD has it that Midol may have side effects ranging from less severe to severe expressions.
Common side effects include chronic trouble sleeping, drowsiness, nervousness, stomach cramps, and stomach irritations.
Although on rare occasions, Midol is also said to cause Stevens-Johnson syndrome, vocal cord swelling, extra heartbeat, a blood disorder, acute liver failure, and decreased blood platelets, among other side effects.
As you can deduce from the online guide of using Midol to pass a THC drug test, this is simply the dilution method.
Although the caffeine content of Midol might help in pissing a lot of thanks to its diuretic nature, pure drinking water gives similar results minus all the side effects that come with Midol.
The dilution method (using plain water) is the safest and surest way of beating a urine test without subjecting your liver and kidneys to many side effects.
However, this is a simple yet complex method that requires you to understand your Lean Body Mass (LBM) and Creatinine levels first. Learn how to dilute your urine in this article.