- Daniel Miller
- Updated: May 31, 2023
The Stuff Detox Review. Does it Work for Passing a Drug Test?
Today I will be testing the Stuff Detox drink. It is marketed to average weight occasional smokers and claims to be a reliable temporal solution to passing a urine test for weed within a short time.
Sold in 16oz bottles, the Stuff Detox is dirt cheap. It costs 15-20 bucks when writing this review, making it much more affordable than similar products that are 3 times pricier.
This low price, however, is one of the major reasons why most people doubt its reliability. If you are among them, find out how this product works and whether or not you can put your trust in it.
About me: 6′ tall, 187 lbs, ~22% body fat. I’m physically fit. I do about an hour of cardio training each day. I smoke weed 3-5 times a week. To put it shortly: I’m a non-regular smoker in good shape and fast metabolism.
So it should be easy for me to pass the test.
How does The Stuff Detox work
The Stuff Detox is similar to Detoxify Ready Clean – another very popular and highly-rated detoxification drink that we’ve reviewed here.
Like other products of its type, this detoxification drink works by cleansing the urine in your bladder and urinary tract of all THC metabolites for some time, thereby allowing you to fetch clean pee and pass a test.
As I have just told you, this product is recommended only to occasional smokers- that is, those who toke the utmost 3 times every week. However, as you’ll realize from its first-hand users’ online reviews, several heavy hitters claim to have passed the test using this drink.
In addition to being an occasional smoker, the manufacturer states that this detox drink only works for average-weight guys.
They are not so precise here, but going by statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), that should be below 200 pounds.
The manufacturer states that this stuff (no pun intended) commences work one hour after consumption and remains effective for a period of 3-5 hours.
As opposed to most people’s belief that detoxification drinks work by diluting urine, these products actually flush most of the toxins from your system momentarily.
The regimen does include drinking quite a considerable amount of water, though.
However, the good thing about these drinks is that they are loaded with all the vital urine components that give urine its natural balance and that the lab technicians will check to detect any attempts of dilution.
The Stuff Detox, for instance, has Creatine – a compound that supplies energy to your muscles, thereby leading to the production of creatinine.
Creatinine is measured first during a urine test alongside temperature, pH, and specific gravity to ensure that you have not tried to cheat the test.
- Fruit pectin – this is a soluble fiber obtained from the cell walls of vegetables and fruits. In a detoxification regimen, pectin fiber works by absorbing some of the THC metabolites that end up in the stomach via bile juice, forcing them to exit the body through poop.
- Fructose – also known as fruit sugar, fructose is a carbohydrate and an important energy source for the body.
- Reverse Osmosis Water – this technology basically involves purifying water by forcing it through a semi-permeable membrane under high pressure. The exact benefits of using this water for a detoxification drink aren’t so clear besides boosting its overall taste and removing other contaminants.
- Citric Acid – this acid has several benefits here, including adding flavor to the drink and even boosting its performance
- Sodium Benzoate – this chemical is ubiquitous in the food industry, and it’s commonly used as a preservative, especially in juices and carbonated drinks.
- Natural flavor – natural flavor basically makes the juice more appealing by adding taste. Unlike chemically-made flavors, natural alternatives are extracted from natural sources and added to the juice.
- Potassium Sorbate – this is a widely used odorless and tasteless preservative used in drinks and foods to prolong the shelf life of particular products by inhibiting the growth of yeast, mold, and fungi
- Thiamin – responsible for the detoxification of toxins and drug by monooxygenases
- Burdock Root – used for years in traditional medicine, Burdock Root extract is known to have diuretic effects in that it increases urination. It is also used to flush out most of the toxins in the urinary tract system.
- Milk Thistle – it is commonly used in the treatment of most liver problems. It has also been found to support metabolism in the liver and cleansing it of its impurities.
- Uva Ursi- commonly used in treating recurrent UTIs, uva ursi is also known for its diuretic effects that help in flushing toxins from the bladder and the urinary tract.
- Creatine Monohydrate – creatine is commonly used by athletes and weightlifters to boost exercise performance. In this case, however, its main essence is to boost the production and release of creatinine into the urine to ensure that it is within normal values.
- Niacin – while there isn’t a scientific proof for it, niacin is thought to mask THC metabolites in urine, thereby making them undetectable during a urinalysis.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B6
How to Use the Stuff Detox: Directions
You must understand to whom the detoxification product is meant. For instance, is it meant for occasional, regular, heavy, or chronic smokers? Are there any weight limitations?
Again, is it necessary to do a pre-cleaning before taking the detox?
To that end, here is the manufacturer’s recommended way of taking The Stuff to pass a urine drug test for weed?
Avoid weed and do a pre-cleanse
Avoiding the drugs that you’ll soon be tested for is always the wisest idea. It really boosts your odds of beating the test with whichever method that you have in mind.
The manufacturer does not write anything about abstaining, but I prefer to do a pre-cleanse, so I didn’t smoke for 2 days.
There are a few things that you can do to speed up the pre-cleaning process, including drinking a lot of water and taking light meals that are rich in fiber, including vegetables and fruits.
It’s also important to avoid fatty foods as they have been found to slow the detoxification process.
Take The Stuff Detox drink.
Shake the Stuff Detox well and drink the entire contents of the bottle.
15 minutes after taking the drink, fill the bottle with water, shake it well, and drink that too.
Drink 8oz of water every hour
For the remaining time towards the test, take 8 ounces of water spread evenly across the hour. You should also feel a pressing urge to pee regularly.
The optimal cleansing will be achieved after you urinate 3-4 times(that is written on the product)
Take a test
It took about 2 hours to urinate 4 times recommended by the manufacturer, and I took the test.
As you can see – the urine looks normal and not diluted. This is because of B vitamins in the product.
Here are the test results:
As you can see – I failed. The drug test shows that I’m positive for THC even after abstaining for 2 days and using the Stuff Detox. Nothing more to say. That is disappointing, and I cannot recommend it…Try to use detox kits that are proven to work
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do the effects of Stuff Detox last?
As per the manufacturer’s claim, Stuff Detox’s effects initiate within an hour of consumption and may last anywhere between 5 to 8 hours. Unlike some other detox drinks, Stuff Detox does not need to be refrigerated before consumption.
When should I drink the Stuff Detox?
The label may claim that the product is ‘instant acting’ but take it with a pinch of salt (figuratively!) since each individual’s metabolic rate differs significantly.
Hence, it will be ideal for drinking the Stuff Detox 2 to 3 hours before the drug test so that most of the toxins and traces of THC can be flushed out within that interval.
To be on the safe side, schedule your drug test within the next 3 hours because, in some cases, the ‘clear window’ reportedly phased out.
For successfully passing a drug test, it is suggested that you consume The Stuff Detox drink after at least 48 hours of pre-cleansing period.
During the pre-cleansing phase, cease to smoke up or consume any drugs or illegal materials.
Even legal drugs like Xanax or Tylenol must be avoided for their residual opioid traces in the body. Since this product is suited for average weed users who smoke up regularly, if not daily, in a week, prepare your body for a long abstinence period.
How often does a person pee after drinking the Stuff Detox?
This detox drink is concocted based on the human body’s normal flushing processes; therefore, keep in mind the immediate diuretic and laxative effects it may have on the body.
Ideally, you should pee at least 3 to 4 times before the test to ensure the body’s effective cleansing.