- Daniel Miller
- Updated: Nov 9, 2022
Proven way to pass a a hair follicle drug test in 2 days
In this post I’ll give you step-by-step instructions on a proven method to pass a hair follicle drug test in just 2 days. The method is safe and doesn’t damage your hair or make you shave your whole body.
Before explaining the exact instructions, I need to explain how drugs get into the hair. But if you want, you can skip to the instructions directly.
I’ll be talking about marijuana here, but the methods also work for meth and other drugs.
What will I learn?
- What you need to do to pass the test
- How to pass the test with home remedies without damaging your hair
- The best products that will help you pass
- The popular methods to avoid
Do you need to detox your hair? How far back does a hair test go
The hair grows approximately 0.5 inches per month. The technician will cut ⅕ inches of hair close to the scalp.
So the drug test will be able to detect your drug usage for the last three months.
However, it is possible to detect drug usage for much longer.
Drug metabolites don’t disappear naturally from the hair. Once they get into the hair, they stay forever unless you cut the dirty hair.
If you smoked just once, you don’t need to worry – the amount of drug traces in the hair will not be enough for detection by the drug test.
Occasional second-hand smoke will not make you fail too. However, if you spend a lot of time in the room with smokers, most likely, you’ll fail the drug test.
How THC gets into the hair
When you smoke marijuana, THC gets into the blood. With the blood part of the THC gets into the hair follicle.
While the hair builds up, THC is deposited into the hair cortex.
It takes about seven days for THC to get deposited into the hair. So if you stop smoking for seven days, your newly growing hair will be clean.
However, that’s true only for occasional smokers.
Most THC is stored in the body fat cells and slowly released into the blood.
So even when you stop smoking, THC is released into the blood and deposited into the hair.
That’s the bad news for heavy and overweight smokers. Even if you stop smoking for 90 days, THC can still be in your body fat, released into the blood, and get into the hair.
How to remove drug metabolites from hair
Shaving your head will not help – the lab technician will have to take the hair from another place, including public places or eyebrows.
Of course, you can shave the whole body, including eyelashes and eyebrows. But that will look highly suspicious.
So the only way to pass the test is to remove drug metabolites from the hair cortex.
The hair cortex is protected by the external layer, called the cuticle.
To remove metabolites from the cortex you need to:
- Open the hair cuticle
- Dissolve the drug residues within the hair cortex
- Wash the dissolved residues out
- Close the hair cuticle to prevent hair damage
Step by step instructions
The safest and most reliable method is to use a clarifying shampoo designed specifically for drug tests.
However, you can have the same results with home remedies.
I’ll tell you about shampoos later.
- Bentonite clay powder. This powder is an excellent absorbent and will absorb and purge the drug residues within the hair.
- Apple cider vinegar(Heinz vinegar). It is a highly acidic liquid that will help open the hair’s cuticles and dissolve the drug metabolites.
- Aloe vera gel. It is an excellent conditioner and will help to restore the hair cuticles. You can use any other hair conditioner.
What to do
- Combine ⅕ cup of bentonite clay powder with a cup of water.
- Rinse out your hair with warm water. Make sure you thoroughly soak your hair from root to tip.
- Put apple cider vinegar in your hair. This may make your scalp sting a bit.
- Spread bentonite clay mixture generously throughout the hair, applying on the scalp as well.
- Place a shower cap on and sit for 20 to 30 minutes. Don’t let the mixture dry out.
- Rinse your hair with 1 cup of white vinegar and allow it to sit for at least 1 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm water.
- Wash your hair with aloe vera gel or any other conditioner.
Repeat this process at least three times during the two days before your drug test.
Best detox shampoos for drug test
The more convenient way to pass a hair follicle drug test is to use clarifying shampoos.
Such shampoos already contain all the required ingredients to ensure success.
Important: Regular clarifying shampoos will not work! You need the shampoos that were explicitly designed to pass the drug tests.
ZYDOT Ultra Clean – best hair detox shampoo for drug test
Actually, this is not a shampoo. It is a treatment that includes shampoo, purifier, and conditioner. So you don’t need to buy anything else besides Ultra Clean.
The shampoo washes away external barriers such as hair spray, styling and finishing products, and everyday buildup to expose the inner hair.
The purifier penetrates the hair shaft, release, dissolve, and remove the drug metabolites bonded within the hair.
The conditioner restores your hair after the purifier.
How to use Zydot Ultra Clean to pass the hair drug test
You should use this treatment only once before your drug test.
- Wet hair thoroughly.
- Apply ½ of shampoo (remaining ½ to be used after purifier (packet #2).
- Massage into scalp and hair for 10 minutes, working up a lather.
- Rinse well (with lukewarm water).
- Apply ALL of the purifier massaging into the scalp and hair closest to the scalp.
- Comb through hair (with a new comb).
- Leave for 10 minutes.
- Rinse well.
- Apply Shampoo
- Massage into scalp and hair for 10 minutes, working up a lather.
- Rinse well.
- Apply ALL of the conditioner massaging into the scalp and hair.
- Distribute evenly and comb through hair.
- Leave in hair for 3 minutes
- Rinse well.
- Style as usual.
Old Style Aloe Toxin Rid Shampoo
This is another shampoo for passing a hair drug test. It has proven to work and has a lot of positive reviews.
This deep-cleaning formula will not harm the hair and delicately removes residual buildup, environmental pollutants, chemicals, chlorine, hard water minerals, and hair-dulling impurities using advanced microsphere technology to provide gradual release.
How to use
Use every day before your drug test, typically 3-10 days in advance. If you don’t have that much time, use it several times in 1 day.
I suggest using the shampoo like this:
- normal shampoo
- old style aloe toxin rid (dime-sized portion)
- regular conditioner.
Focus on the scalp, where toxins are found – remove all those older layers of oil.
Remedies that don’t work
Here’s the list of remedies that will not help you to pass the test or will cause health damage.
Bleaching your hair with the Macujo method
This is another popular method found on the internet. However, even though the method can work, the results are not guaranteed.
Another drawback of this method is that it uses bleach. Bleach causes severe damage to your hair and literally destroys it.
Bleach will change the color of your hair to yellow, so you’ll also need to dye your hair back to a normal color.
Bleach can also cause chemical skin burns that will take weeks to heal.
So we don’t recommend using this method because of health risks. Instead, use safe and reliable ways to pass your test.
Showing up with a clean shaved head
Showing up at the collection point clean-shaven might seem so clever to you.
But in the real sense, it only makes you look stupid, especially if you are not known to maintain a closely-shaven scalp. It only makes you suspicious.
If you choose to give your head a smooth shave on the day of the test, you’ll need to shave all the hair on your body since the lab experts may collect the sample anywhere on your body.
You could decide to get smarter and wax every part of your body and ensure that there isn’t a single strand of hair visible.
In such a scenario, the lab guys might simply report to your potential employer that they were unable to test you for lack of hair.
If you are lucky, the employer may request another type of test (for which you need to be prepared).
If luck isn’t on your side, the employer may count it as a fail (most employers and organizations take the latter option. Remember that having you tested is an expense to them).
Hydrogen peroxide is commonly used to lighten hair. It may be used on its own or in other blonde dyes. However using hydrogen perooxide for hair follicle drug test will not help.
It will change the color of the hair, but will not dissolve the drug metabolites within the hair cortex.
The method of passing a hair drug test using baking soda involves mixing baking soda, cinnamon powder, and olive oil and then using the mix to cover the scalp.
This mixture effectively removes residues from chemicals and hair care products and opens the scalp’s pores.
Unfortunately, it does not affect the hair itself, where the drug metabolites are trapped.
Freshly squeezed lemon juice is rich in vitamin C, and it’s highly regarded as a solution for stimulating re-growth from dormant hair follicles. It’s also known for its anti-fungal properties that aid in maintaining scalp health.
However, it does not affect (positive or negative) the components that make up your hair strands.
What happens during the test?
Your hair follicle test might occur in a lab or hospital setting. Or your workplace may perform the test using a kit that’s then mailed to a laboratory.
If your workplace has mandated that you take the test, they’ll likely require you to be supervised during the testing process.
You can wash your hair, dye your hair, and use styling products without affecting the accuracy of the test.
After confirming identifying information, the collector will cut between 100 and 120 hairs from the crown of your head. They can collect the hairs from different spots on your crown to avoid creating a bald spot.
If you have very little or no hair on your head, the collector might use body hair for the test instead. The collector will place the hair in foil and then in a secure envelope to be mailed for overnight testing.
How to read the hair follicle test results
A negative result can be determined within 24 hours of hair removal. A negative result indicates that you haven’t engaged in illicit drug use over the past 90 days.
A positive drug test is confirmed after 72 hours. All non-negative tests undergo a second gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS).
It confirms a positive test result. This test also identifies the specific drugs used.
In some cases, improper collection of the hair specimen may result in the test being rejected completely. In this case, the test may be repeated.
The laboratory responsible for testing will deliver the results to the individual or organization requesting the test.
They’ll use confidential means, like secure fax, a phone call, or an online interface to share test results.
Because lab results are confidential health information, you’ll need to sign a release before the results are passed on to your workplace.
What can a hair drug test detect?
- Cannabinoids (THC) – marijuana, weed, hash, edibles, cannabis
- Opiates (OPI)- heroin, codeine, Morphine, Tramadol, and Lortab
- Cocaine (COC) Crack
- Oxycodone (OXY)- Percocet, Oxycontin, Percocet, and Vicodin
- Hydrocodone- Lorcet and Vicodin
- Amphetamines (AMP)- Ecstasy, Phentermine, Ritalin, Adderall, Dexedrine, MDA, MDEA, and MDMA
- Methamphetamines- Crystal Meth
- Buprenorphine- Suboxone and Subutex
- Propoxyphene- hydrochloride, Norpropoxyphene, Darvocet, and propoxyphene
- Barbiturates- Secona, Amobarbital, Nembutal, Butabarbital, Pentobarbital, Butalbital, Secobarbital, Phenobarbital, and Amytal
- Benzodiazepines (BZO)- Valium, Xanax, Restoril, Serax, Ativan, Midazolam, Dalmane, Klonopin, Tranxene, and Librium
- Hydromorphone- dilaudid
- Oxymorphone- Numophone, Numorphan, and Opana
You can successfully pass the hair follicle drug test by following the method I explained above.
Avoid any methods that use bleach. Bleaching your hair can damage your hair and can cause health damage.
If you need a surefire way to pass – use the Zydot ultra clean shampoo.